Terms & Conditions
1. Agreement - The property is offered for holiday rental subject to agreement between the property owners Sue & Adrian Shaw (“the owners”) and the people renting the property (“the guests”). The property is let for holiday purposes only and there is no right of occupancy beyond the agreed rental period.
2. Rental period – The rental period runs from Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise agreed. Check-in is between 4pm and 8pm on day of arrival. Check-out is by 10am on day of departure. It may be possible to vary these times but this must be agreed in advance with the owners.
3. Rental rate - The price of the rental period is fixed and will not be subject to any variation once agreed. The price is for self-catering accommodation. Travel arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the guests.
4. Currency – The guests can choose whether to pay the rental rate in sterling (£) into a UK bank account or euros (€) into a French bank account. Both the deposit and the balance must be paid in the same currency.
5. Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the rental rate is required at the time of booking. The balance plus the security deposit (see below) must be paid not less than 10 weeks before the arrival date. If the booking is made less than 10 weeks before the arrival date, the full cost and security deposit must be paid at the time of booking. Once the booking is accepted by the owners, confirmation will be sent to the guests and the booking is then binding on both parties. If final payment is not made when due, the owners reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by the guests.
6. Security deposit - A security deposit (in respect of damage, breakages, loss and cleaning) of £100/€125 is payable with the final payment. Guests are to notify the owners of any damage, breakages or loss before they leave the property. The owners reserve the right to deduct the cost of any loss, breakages or damage to the property or its fittings and equipment. If the cost exceeds the value of the security deposit then guests will be informed and they will pay the additional amount within 10 days. A deduction may also be made for additional cleaning if the property is not left in a clean and tidy state. The deposit will be returned within 10 days of the departure date minus any appropriate deductions.
7. Changes to bookings - Guests should contact the owners as soon as possible if they wish to change the dates of a confirmed booking. The change will be treated as a new booking. If the change is within 10 weeks of the arrival date and the new dates result in a lower rental rate then the owners will only refund the difference in rental rates if they are able to let the property for the original dates at the higher rate. Guests can vary the names and numbers of their party provided the total number does not exceed the capacity of the property (6 people plus one baby). Guests must inform the owners of any changes to names and numbers.
a. by Guests - If guests cancel a booking more than 10 weeks before the arrival date then the deposit will be retained by the owners. If the booking is cancelled after the final payment has been made then the owners will attempt to re-let the property. If successful, the owners will refund an amount equal to that received for the replacement booking (which may be less than the original amount paid by the guests) minus a 10% administration charge. If the owners are unable to re-let the property then no refund will be given.
b. by Owners – If, due to circumstances beyond their control, the owners have to cancel a booking they will make a full refund of all money paid but will not be liable for any other costs, including any costs that may be incurred by the guests (such as travel).
Guests are strongly advised to have insurance which covers cancellation by either party.
9. Complaints - If guests identify a problem with the property or any of the facilities they should notify the owners as soon as possible so that the owners can address it. Complaints will not be accepted after guests have departed.
10. Risk – Guests use the property and all amenities entirely at their own risk. No responsibility can be accepted by the owners for loss or damage to any motor vehicles or personal belongings of the guests. Guests will take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and all members of their party. Children are to be supervised at all times.
11. Insurance - Guests are responsible for insuring their personal property whilst on holiday and for insuring against cancellation, sickness, travel delays/cancellation or other such risks. Guests must also have insurance for personal liability.
12. End of stay cleaning - Guests are to leave the property clean and tidy at the end of their stay. If the property is not clean the owners reserve the right to retain some or all of the Security deposit.
13. Towels and Bed linen – Towels (including pool towels) and bed linen are provided and will be changed on a weekly basis for guests who stay for more than one week.
14. Utilities – Gas and electricity are included in the rental rate. Logs are provided for winter rentals.
15. Smoking – Smoking is not allowed inside the property.
16. Animals – No animals are allowed.
17. Internet/WiFi – The owners have no control over the availability or the speed of this service and no guarantee is offered in this respect.
18. Swimming pool – The swimming pool has appropriate safety/security devices as required by French law. The owners will explain/demonstrate the devices to the guests who are then to ensure these devices are activated at all times when the pool is left unsupervised. Children are to be supervised at all times when in or near to the swimming pool. No glass, china or sharp objects are to be taken into the pool or the patio area surrounding the pool.
19. Description – The owners believe the website and any photographs on it provide an accurate representation of the property and facilities. However, as a result of ongoing improvements (and in response to feedback from guests), items may be added, changed or removed. If anything shown or described is particularly important to guests they should contact the owners for verification of the current situation before booking.
19. Agreement of Terms and Conditions – By making a booking the guests are confirming that they have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that all members of their party are aware of, and comply with, these terms and conditions.